Friday, August 17, 2012

Rock That Body - Clean Eating Challenge Day 7

It's Friday, Friday, getting down on Friday!

Wohoo - made it to the end of the week.  Today, I am home "sick."  Honestly, I needed a mental health day and it feels so good.  But just because I gave myself an extra long weekend doesn't mean there's room to slack off.  I started my day by getting up at 6:30 and immediately putting on my work out clothes.  I headed out around 6:45am to go over to the Lochmere neighborhood near us to go run.  It's a beautiful, older neighborhood that is very popular for all sorts of active people.  Plus I knew going out there at 7:00am would be safer than going to Lake Johnson at that time (hello woods for Balt Salt Creepers to lurk!) and I had to go to Whole Foods anyways which is right down the street from Lochmere so you know, win-win, go me.

My run felt SO good.  It was gorgeous out this morning.  The sun was just coming up and it was a crisp 66 degrees (and not too humid).  Could I even dare to say it felt a slight chilly when I started running? But it was such a welcome change to the heat and humidity that we have been experiencing this summer.  Blah is an understatement.  I completed a 3.76 mile run in 34 minutes.  I ran my first mile in 8:04!  Holy cheeseballs that's amazing!

I hit up Whole Foods on my way home to pick up the rest of my groceries and came home to make PANCAKES!  I tweaked my clean pancake recipe and OMG it was perfect.  Here is the recipe:

Clean Eating Pumpkin Pancakes
1 1/4 old fashioned oats
1/2 cup ground oats (I took my old fashioned oats and ground them up in my ninja chop!)
1 TSP of baking soda
1/2 TSP of salt
1/2 cup water
1 cup organic pureed pumpkin
Cinnamon to taste (I love cinnamon so I use a lot)

Mix and make you some pancakes.

This yielded 8 pretty big pancakes and I ended up eating 6 of them.  Well I started with 4 pancakes, waited 30 minutes, and I was still hungry so I had 2 more and it was just enough.  I only used 1 tablespoon (which is a serving) of agave nectar.  I poured the exact amount on my spoon and then drizzled it all over my pancakes.  It was a very nice treat.

I jumped a quick team call for 30 minutes and then took a nice relaxing bath (I'm getting my hair did later today so I didn't want to wash it.  Lazy alert!).

My husband was then nice enough to pay for me to get a pedicure so I hit up the local nail salon.  It felt so nice especially after the run this morning.

I came home and made some lunch.  Today I had 1/4 cup quinoa, some sweet potatoes, and my tilapia avocado salad.

Tilapia Avocado Salad
Grill tilapia with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.  I have one of those flat griddles that goes on the stove and it's awesome - I recommend it.

While the tilapia is grilling, I cut and scoop out an avocado and mash it up.  Once the tilapia is cooked, chop it up and then mix it with the avocado.  Add salt to taste as needed.  Scoop mixture back into empty avocado shells if you like.  You end up with 2 servings which is perfect for 2 lunches or a lunch and a dinner or whatever!

I'm going to head out and relax some more (in bed!!) before I head to my hair appointment.  Pictures to follow.

Happy Friday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment